We are recruiting the best and brightest journalistic talent as our company expands.
We are looking for recent degree graduates from Boston-area university courses with serious ambition to build their journalistic careers.
Hybrid is a high-growth (69% pa), successful and independent media company with fast-growing, niche web brands – with exciting plans to introduce new titles in the United States in 2018.
We are a fun, dynamic business with more than 60 staff members in three (soon to be four) offices worldwide – and we are looking for exciting new journalistic talent.
We have been expanding our digital audience, hitting more than 9 million monthly unique visitors, and making waves internationally. Our ambitious team’s journalistic pedigree is going from strength to strength in this changing industry, writing and creating content for our youthful, digitally-engaged audience.
After the success of our initial, ongoing internship program in Bristol, UK and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, we are recruiting several new journalism interns to work on two soon-to-be-launched web brands, covering global enterprise technology and US education. Successful applicants will complete a three-month training period in our office in the centre of Bristol – voted the ‘best place to live in Britain’ by The Sunday Times in 2017 – before transferring to Boston for the remainder of their internship.
- Contribute amazing ideas for original content, and produce work with high integrity and optimal social outreach
- Play a full role in growing and engaging with our online audience via unique storytelling methods and use of multimedia tools
- Be a prolific social media presence; use platforms to promote and grow both yours and the company’s reputation and readership
- Maintain the highest levels of personal and editorial integrity at all times
- Be a positive force in the office with a can-do, commercially-astute attitude
To be a successful intern, what do I need?
- Degree level qualification (ideally in Journalism, English, Creative Writing or similar)
- High level of emotional intelligence and the ability to shift perspective
- Excellent English and experience of writing and/or content creation
- The strength of character to relish the prospect of working abroad
- Ability to create fresh, engaging and shareable content for our young, upwardly-mobile audience
- To have recognised the importance of social media and have embraced digital platforms to further your career
- A strong work ethic and the ability to deliver high-quality material to a tight editorial schedule
- Be enterprising, ambitious and willing to learn
- Positive approach and upbeat personality – at Hybrid we value attitude over experience
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the US
- The opportunity to jump-start your career
- Excellent training, support and development program
- Live and work in the UK for three months before returning to the US
- Financial package includes US$20,000 salary, return flights to UK, accommodation costs during three months in UK etc
- A great work culture with regular team events, incentives and social activities
Direct applications are welcome via phone and email to our Recruitment Manager Hayley Dugdale.